Firstly, Daphne, I do have qualms about dropping everything for a life of full-time madness. However, I play video games and blog and netball and sometimes even scream a little, so that’s how I quash those pesky qualms and appear qualm-less most of the time. Just so you know I ‘don’t always got it together’, as the Americans put it.
And thank you very much for awarding me this prestigious little emblem, and I’m humbled since it’s only been given to the upper crust of the Malaysian blogosphere – Marina‘s blog, and Dina‘s, and Sharon‘s, literally long-time celeb thinkers in their own right way before their blogs.
So yes, very, very honoured!
Now lemme see, I have to tag five bloggers I think are Very Good Thinkers. So hard to choose without selecting someone who’s already awarded, isn’t it? But here it goes (if I did pick someone who already was picked before, never mindlah k? They truly deserve it):
1. Pelf-ism is contagious. You get my first nomination because for someone so young, you really have your head screwed on tight and right. Also, you have such a unique name to go with your unique job. And I secretly have rockstar admiration for scientists and conservationists and ecologists. I swear, it’s not funny, I would group you if I could. And also, you workÂ with turtles (or terrapins), and I love turtles (Malaysia is one of the sea turtle’s many homes, my American friends and they are becoming extinct, so please read Pelf’s blog to see what you can do).
2. Malik Imtiaz’s Disquiet. This man writes entries that are educational, informative and enlightening. I am always humbled by his perspectives, knowledge and insight.
3. I think Elizabeth was awarded this recently but what the heck, she deserves it for all the awareness and social work she does. I’ve known Elizabeth since we were kids in our swimming suits thrashing around at the ACS pool in Ipoh, when I was a from-far-admirer because EW was the top swimmer in our school and I think, maybe even for the state of Perak! Yup, she was a quick one in the water. Of course, EW is so much more today. I wish I’d known you better, lady. I want my girls to be just like you!
4. Jade(d) Poetry is a personal blog by Sze, an old IRC friend of mine, who is now teaching English in Hungary (is that right?). She doesn’t blog enough, a flaw I wish she would remedy soon because Sze, you write beautifully, and I love your reading about your little adventures in Budapest and around. Write more!
5. And finally, Kak Teh’s Choc-a-Blog. I got turned onto this lady by Sharon, I believe. She is such a joy to read, always elegant, always entertaining.
Okay, ladies (and gent), sorry to impose this on you but you now have to find five thinking bloggers (select based not just on the quality of the content, but that they make you think!) and give them this award (thought up by someone named Yoldas).
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
Now go forth and spread the joy!