Hereâ€™s a recipe for a simple, economic yet healthy lunch/snack your preschooler will just gobble down. Great if you are running out of time and lunchtime is looming, or when your fridge is running out of food!
It does need an oven though, although you can always fry the chicken with a pan in lieu of one. Baking is healthier – no grease.
- one egg
- a mid-sized pc of chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup of milk
- handful of chips (can sub with tortilla, Lays, taco chips, cornflakes even)
1. Beat egg
2. Add milk to egg and mix in a bowl
3. Put chips in a bag and whack until fine and then place in another bowl
4. Pre-heat oven for five minutes at 400F
5. Dip chicken into milk/egg mix and then coat with chips
6. Place onto baking tray with parchment paper (for easier cleaning) and bake for 10 minutes
You can add a bit of salt into the mix to taste, but if you use presalted Lays chips etc, it should be enough.
Serve with ketchup or a dip. I served with a few slices of buttered bread to make up for the carbs Rae needs, and she TOTALLY cleaned her plate.