Hey, isn’t that the name of a cheesy Hong Kong serial? Or was it that Chow Yuen Fatt, Cherie Chung, Leslie Cheung movie?
Anyway, things are much better. Rae is still under the weather thanks to the antibiotics but we took her to the park and I attempted to skate AND push her in her stroller at the same time. Fell down once in front of a couple of strangers but sokay.
There’s always tomorrow.
The second thing that the last week has taught me is that the support of your man is important. Lokes was strong and calm throughout, hugs and kisses, soothing words.
It was nice to know that SOMEone was on my side, even if it seems to be us against our own child. One in unison. That’s how you survive parenthood.
And as a reward, I made egg and bacon swiss roll this morning. Yes, swiss roll! Smells yummy already in the oven.
Have a good week ahead, y’all.
The unrolled product.
And ready to eat!
Want the recipe? Here it is:
1 cup of cheddar/cottage cheese, grated
3/4 cup of cream/milk mix (they call it half-and-half here, u can sub with just full cream milk)
1/4 tsp of salt
6oz of bacon, fried and crumbled (churning in blender works well) – substituting with Chinese ‘long yuk’/dried meat may also work!
2 tbsp all purpose flour
Parchment/baking lining paper and baking pan (10-inch by 15-incher)
– Blend half the cheese with milk in blender (leave half of the cheese for later)
– add eggs, salt and flour and process further
– line pan with paper and preheat oven to 375F
– pour mixture in and bake for 30 mins until puffy and golden brown
– once done, take out and immediately spread mustard and lay down the cheese and then lay down bacon on top
– roll up from short end like a swiss roll and wait five minutes before serving
It’s a bit of work but worth it. Yum-my!